tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap patch

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:54:05 -0700

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 04:07:21PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 01:58:56PM -0700, Admin-Stress wrote:
Anyone know where can I find 'Sebastian Krahmer libpcap patch'?
If I read from snort INSTALL, I should consult to
http://www.tcpdump.org/

The snort INSTALL file is, I suspect, a bit out of date; libpcap has
included the rewritten Linux support (by Sebastian *AND* Torsten
Landschoff, although Sebastian may have contributed the support for the
"any" device) for quite a while.

No, the snort INSTALL file *is* up-to-date; it says

  On linux with kernels 2.2.x and higher you may also get feature to
  monitor several interfaces down to network level (session + TCP + IP) if you
  link your snort with the lattest version of libpcap which incorporates
  Sebastian Krahmer's patch for interface 'any'.

That doesn't say "get Sebastian's patch", it says "get the latest
version of libpcap, which has that patch in it", which is correct.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe