tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: AIX 5.1, tcpdump 3.6.2 and libpcap 0.7.1 pr oblem

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:18:59 -0700

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 09:04:58AM -0400, Ebright, Don wrote:
As far as I can determine, EFAULT is raised by the AIX BPF driver whenever
packets have been dropped since the last successful read.

Just out of curiosity, how did you determine that?  By reading
documentation (if so, where do they document it?), or by experimenting?

I suspect that
the best approach would be to add another case to the switch after the read
in pcap_read() to ignore EFAULT just as EINTR is already ignored.

Or, at least, doing so on AIX - we might want to treat EFAULT as a real
error on the BSDs.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe