tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: New APIs to support multiple DLT_'s on an interface

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 01:05:09 -0800

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 02:15:31PM -0600, David Young wrote:
  No. I think that it is desirable for the API to be uniform across
  platforms.

  But supposing we phase-in the DLT API on some platforms earlier than
  others,

Well, I just phased it in, in the current CVS tree, for all platforms:

        on BPF systems that have BIOCGDLTLIST, it uses the NetBSD code;

        on BPF systems that lack BIOCGDLTLIST, and on non-BPF systems,
        "pcap_list_datalinks()" returns a singleton set with the DLT
        from "pcap_datalink()", and "pcap_set_datalink()" rejects
        attempts to set the DLT to any value other than the DLT from
        "pcap_datalink()".
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe