tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: New APIs to support multiple DLT_'s on an interface

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:15:00 +1100 (EST)

In some email I received from Guy Harris, sie wrote:
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 09:01:41PM +1100, Darren Reed wrote:
Shouldn't this also be fairly trivial to support for Solaris ?

So are you saying that Solaris supports setting the link-layer type of
an interface through DLPI? If so, what ioctl or DLPI message does one
use in DLPI to select the link-layer type to use on an interface?

DL_BIND_REQ

I believe the SAP is equivalent to the DLT type for DLPI.

Looking in pcap-dlpi.c, libpcap uses '0' as the SAP - I imagine
this works as a wildcard - when it calls dlbindreq().

Or maybe I'm confused about the role of SAP and DLT here.

I do know that if you want IPv4 only frames or IPv6 only frames
in Solaris8 and beyond, setting the SAP to 0x800 or 0x86dd should
solve that problem for you (0x800 == ETHERTYPE_IP.)

Darren
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe