Snort mailing list archives

Re: Process Snort alerts on real time

From: Nora Aron <valeparatodo () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 15:31:51 +0000

are you getting "Failed to encode record as JSON: __init__() got an
unexpected keyword argument 'encoding'"?
i think this is due to https://github.com/jasonish/py-idstools/issues/36
Fetch the latest python-idstools or just remove , encoding="latin-1" from
the highlighted line from /usr/lib/python2.7/site-
packages/idstools/scripts/u2eve.py (or where it lives on your
distribution):
https://github.com/jasonish/py-idstools/blob/
5862a936af07b37458b1fc3719f9ade065b283f1/idstools/scripts/u2eve.py#L302

Hi,
I'm not getting any error, I just need to get the packet data , converting
it from the format this tool provides, which is unified2. The rest of the
fields in the json are ready to use, it is just the packet in the "data"
field.
Thanks.