Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort running inline but not functioning as IPS

From: mlists () robin-kipp net
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 13:02:17 +0100

Hi James,
thanks for that!
I used pulledpork's dropsid.conf file and specified rule SID 136:1,
which is the reputation-based rule for IP blacklisting. After running
pulledpork to reprocess those rules and reloading snort, it really looks
like Snort is now dropping traffic with those IPs as source or
destination!
So, many thanks for putting me on the right track here, now I just have
to figure out how to switch rules to 'drop' state on a wider range, e.g.
without explicitly specifying single SIDs or SID ranges.
Best regards,
Robin