Snort mailing list archives

Re: Block packets using snort with pf_ring

From: "Al Lewis (allewi)" <allewi () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 11:04:13 +0000

Is your sensor inline?

You can test to see if the rule will drop by running snort something like this:

./bin/snort -c etc/test.conf -Q --daq dump --daq-var load-mode=read-file -r etc/test.pcap -l. -H -U -k none -q

The daq will dump an inline-out.pcap that you can look at and see the reset packets in there.

I just tested this on a rule and it works.

Albert Lewis
QA Software Engineer
SOURCEfire, Inc. now part of Cisco
9780 Patuxent Woods Drive