Snort mailing list archives

Is Snort 2.9.8.0 Beta Windows Binary Compatible with Windows 10 Home x64?

From: Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 23:35:00 +0800

Dear Snort Users,

I am thinking of installing Snort 2.9.8.0 Beta Windows binary on my
Windows 10 Home x64 operating system because Singapore Government
hackers keep hacking into my home desktop computer. Is Snort 2.9.8.0
Beta Windows Installer compatible with Windows 10 Home x64? Even with
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall for Windows 10 installed, it is not able to
stop Singapore Government hackers from hacking into my home desktop
computer. Some more, my home desktop computer is sitting behind a
router with Stateful Packet Inspection firewall enabled. There must be
a BACKDOOR in Windows 10.

I have the intention to follow the "Install Snort 2.9.7 on Windows"
video tutorial on Youtube. I am wondering if the video tutorial
applies to Windows 10 Home x64 as well. The URL of the Youtube video
tutorial is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2w-fbyy6y0

I am fully aware that Snort Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS)
on Windows will only detect hacker intrusions. It will not block
hacker attempts at all. Snort NIDS will not work in inline mode on
Windows. I am only thinking of using Snort on Windows to complement my
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall for Windows 10. Of course, if Singapore
Government hackers can hack into my Windows 10 Home x64 installation
with ZoneAlarm Free Firewall installed, they can also compromise or
modify the Snort binary on my Windows 10 box.

I am looking forward to your advise.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Subtle Denial of Medical Treatment by the Singapore Government for Mr.
Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)

Link:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/258700156/Subtle-Denial-of-Medical-Treatment-by-the-Singapore-Government-for-Mr-Teo-En-Ming-Zhang-Enming