Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and a remote mssql database server

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 08:04:12 -0500

No MSSQL support for Snort. ODBC will also work to shift events to a MSSQL database, but no support for that.

All the database stuff has been shifted from Snort internal (which supported MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, ODBC, and
Oracle) to Barnyard2 which only supports MySQL, and PostgreSQL. Inquires as to database support should be directed to
the Barnyard2 users group.

If you look at the barnyard2.conf is clearly shows support for all the database options below.

#   output database: log, mysql, user=root password=test dbname=db host=localhost

#   output database: log, postgresql, user=root password=test dbname=db host=localhost

#   output database: log, odbc, user=snort dbname=snort

#   output database: log, mssql, dbname=snort user=snort password=test

#   output database: log, oracle, dbname=snort user=snort password=test

However the barnyard2.conf should be:

#   output database: log, mysql, user=root password=test dbname=db host=localhost

#   output database: log, postgresql, user=root password=test dbname=db host=localhost

There is NO support for inline on Windows.

Best regards,

Michael...

WINSNORT.com Management…

--

* FREE Windows Intrusion Detection System (WinIDS) Tutorials *

*            ~~ FREE Windows Support Forums ~~               *

*               Visit @  <http://winsnort.com/> http://winsnort.com                  *

*     Snort: Open Source Network IDS -  <http://snort.org/> http://snort.org      *