Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort and a remote mssql database server

From: Balasubramaniam Natarajan <bala150985 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:06:41 +0530

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Eugene Grama <eugene.grama () gmail com>
wrote:

Hello,

Can snort send its result to a remote mssql server?

If yes (and I really hope so), can you kindly please give me any link for
guides/procedure on how to accomplish this.

I can see there are issues with regarding to authentication of mssql and
snort.

The latest version of snort has done away with logging to DB.  You have to
rely on other tools like barnyard2 to make this happen.

--
Regards,
Balasubramaniam Natarajan