Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT version lifecycle

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:09:19 -0400

On 10/20/2014 1:50 PM, Hanson.Webster () salemfive com wrote:
I found something on line that for that error.

comment out the line in your snort.conf /similar/ to the
following...

dynamicdetection directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamic_rules

just place a # at the beginning of the line and try starting snort again...

that disables your shore object rules... it may or may not be a desirable choice...

I did this and I get a little further,  now I get this error:

[ Number of patterns truncated to 20 bytes: 324 ]

pcap DAQ configured to passive.

Acquiring network traffic from "eth0".

ERROR: Can't set DAQ BPF filter to '.T' (pcap_daq_set_filter: pcap_compile:
illegal char '.')!

please post your complete command line to start your snort... this appears to be
like many others in which the order of parameters is not correct...