Snort mailing list archives

Re: SNORT version lifecycle

From: <Hanson.Webster () salemfive com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 17:50:52 +0000

I found something on line that for that error.

comment out the line in your snort.conf /similar/ to the
following...

dynamicdetection directory /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamic_rules

just place a # at the beginning of the line and try starting snort again...

I did this and I get a little further,  now I get this error:
[ Number of patterns truncated to 20 bytes: 324 ]
pcap DAQ configured to passive.
Acquiring network traffic from "eth0".