Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Sourcefire

From: Michal Purzynski <michal () rsbac org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:32:47 +0200

Man - everything but ASA.

It lacked a very basis like a BGP support, not no mention other things. My home router, SRX100H does BGP just fine.

And yeah, ASA = PC. Some cheaper models even displayed an IRQ list during boot and guess what - one was reserved for a sound card.

I know some people so much attached to ASA, than after some models they had went bad, and it wasn't possible anymore to get them from Cisco or eBay, the literally made ASA out of commodity parts. It was enough to find the exact model of the motherboard with a BX chipset, the right Intel network cards and guess what - it was working.

Still people learn ASA just by running the Linux it's based on in qemu and it's fine.