Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Sourcefire

From: Mike Miller <mike () millertwinracing com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 05:11:01 -0600

It's what happened when they made a jump from custom design to HP sourced
equipment...they were, literally, HP servers with a Cisco blue faceplate.
I'm not looking to start a theological debate, and Cisco's got its fair
share of warts and assets...I'm just looking for silver linings and it
probably won't be -all- bad...but Cisco prices for Snort
software...well...at least it's solid code.