Snort mailing list archives

Re: PF_RING / DNA + Snort and high CPU utilization

From: Scott Finlon <scott.finlon () scranton edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 13:33:29 +0000

On the new box, I originally compiled PF_RING 5.6.1 and Snort 2.9.5, but downgraded to PF_RING 5.5.3 and Snort 2.9.4.6
to match the old box.
They are both the exact same versions of everything now.
I'm talking with Alfredo from NTOP about the issue as well, so once I can determine if it's PF_RING or Snort I'll
definitely post back for future reference.

Scott Finlon, CISSP GCIA
Information Security Engineer
The University of Scranton
email : scott.finlon () scranton edu