Snort mailing list archives

Mac OSX Ransomware

From: Paul Bottomley <Paul.Bottomley () betfair com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 10:20:58 +0000

Morning!

Probably not the best written rule given the amount of matches on the regex and I'm sure there are loads of ways to
write this rule (see source on pastebin link), so if anyone wants to better this feel free :)

http://blog.malwarebytes.org/intelligence/2013/07/fbi-ransomware-now-targeting-apples-mac-os-x-users/
http://pastebin.com/THRQ1Xp2

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"[DELIVERY] Mac OSX Ransomware Excessive iframes";
flow:to_client,established; file_data; content:"<iframe src=|22|YOUR|25|20BROWSER|25|20HAS|25|20BEEN|25|20LOCKED";
fast_pattern; pcre:"/(?:<iframe\s+src=.*){150}/";............)

Thanks,
Paul