Snort mailing list archives

Re: Mac OSX Ransomware

From: Nick Randolph <drandolph () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:32:06 -0400

I thought that the content match you had was unique enough to make the PCRE
unnecessary. Here is what the rule will look like.

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"MALWARE-OTHER
Mac OSX FBI ransomware"; flow:to_client,established; file_data;
content:"<iframe src=|22|YOUR|25|20BROWSER|25|20HAS|25|20BEEN|25|20LOCKED";
fast_pattern:only; metadata:impact_flag red, policy balanced-ips drop,
policy security-ips drop, ruleset community, service http; reference:url,
blog.malwarebytes.org/intelligence/2013/07/fbi-ransomware-now-targeting-apples-mac-os-x-users/;
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:27246; rev:1;)

Thanks Paul

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 6:20 AM, Paul Bottomley