Snort mailing list archives

Re: Persistent problems with rule updates for Registerd Users

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 19:48:05 -0500

That's something to consider.  We have some infrastructure work to do first.  But that's a consideration.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT

On Jan 4, 2013, at 7:43 PM, Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu> wrote:

Can you pick a "cutoff" sid# and let that cutoff number have the 30-day roll?  Then dynamically generate the rules
files for anything with an sid# < cutoff?

Yes, requires a new approach as opposed to the "frozen" copy, but maintains your VRT edge while keeping everything
else current.

Jeff