Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort inline

From: Michael Altizer <xiche () verizon net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 01:50:43 -0500

You enabled IPv4 Forwarding, so you're a router with everything that entails.

On 11/12/2012 01:37 AM, amin Salehi wrote:
hi.i enable promisc mode on 2 interface:

my virtual topology is:

all host is linux backtrack 64 bit:
when i ping 10.10.8.2 from 10.10.7.2 2 packet are sent.one with TTL 64 and one with TTL 63.one with TTL 64 from mac of 10.10.7.2 to mac of 10.10.7.1 and one with TTL 63 from mac of interface 10.10.8.1 to mac of 10.10.8.2
what is the problem?