Snort mailing list archives

Downloads Rules Commented out

From: Stephen Meier <stephencm () cos edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:17:38 +0000

Good morning all,

I am sure that this is a total noob questions, but I rebuilt my snort box with the latest and greatest snort version.
When I got it all rebuilt, I was only seeing three distinct alerts coming across the console.  School is out right now
so I didn't really give it a lot of thought.  But I was doing some networks scans and some pen testing, and no other
alerts were coming across the console.  So I did some looking and the majority of the rules are commented out.  Is this
the way that it has always been?   Is there some documentation about this that I need to read?

Thanks,