Snort mailing list archives

Re: Very high amount of "TCP Small Segment Threshold Exceeded"

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:08:48 -0500

If you can trigger the alerts, can you capture a pcap that reproduces the
problem?  Maybe we can tweak the settings based on that.

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Giacomo <lib.giacomo () gmail com> wrote:

Hi there,

Sorry I put it indeed in the subject but forgot to mention it in the
email. The event that gets thrown is: "stream5: TCP Small Segment Threshold
Exceeded"
The configuration adjustments Shane Castle suggested don't really seem to
do the trick.
I did notice today though that the events seem to be thrown when I connect
with the (default) ssh client for Mac OS X. Connecting with putty seems to
go fine (no events are generated). This is a bit of a mystery to me why...

Cheers.