Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-Users] about capturing packets

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:17:29 -0700

+1.  I also have about 7TB and streamDB does take about a second or so to lookup stream information.  I also have
OpenFPC running for full packet captures, and I can't remember the last time I went to those.

I have mine integrated into BASE (see the screenshot), BOTH streamdb and OpenFPC (for multiple locations).  This has
made Snort event analysis so much easier and less time consuming.