Snort mailing list archives

libdnet

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 23:40:32 -0400

Can somebody explain to me why abandoned software has been made a
requirement to install Snort?

I've already had to remove AIX, HP-UX, Solaris and IRIX (a long time
ago, not just because of dnet) from supported architectures because of
this. Is there *any* other way do get the task(s) this software is
supposed to accomplish done?

I should add, the link(s) to libdnet on the snort.org page(s) go to the
older, previously abandoned (2005) 1.11 version (should go to the more
recent, (abandoned 2007) 1.12 version on -cringe- Google code).

While I'm on my cranky box, does SourceFire's commercial Snort offerings
have the same requirements as the open sourced version? I know, I know,
off topic :-)

Thanks!
Randy

PS How's the merger of the SF and GG email lists coming along? Are both
getting all messages?