Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 and dealing with mysql_error

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 06:58:54 -0600

Slackware 13.1, and barnyard2-10-beta1 (I think).

James

On Aug 8, 2011, at 8:57 AM, Paul Schmehl wrote:

What OS?  What version of barnyard2?

--On August 7, 2011 5:52:56 AM -0600 James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
wrote:

Hey all,

So yea…sometimes my connection goes wonky and drops.  Is there a way to
get barnaryd2 to restart after something like this?  I was under the
impression that one of the benefits of using barnyard2 instead of
straight snort->db was to due away with surprises like this.  Currently
I'm log monitoring and just stopping the process so I can manually start
it later…hardly a solution, but at least I don't lose my data.  Anyone
have a better solution to this?  Thanks.

James

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst

Please see http://www.snort.org/docs for documentation