Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 and dealing with mysql_error

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:57:08 -0500

What OS?  What version of barnyard2?

--On August 7, 2011 5:52:56 AM -0600 James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
wrote:

Hey all,

So yea…sometimes my connection goes wonky and drops.  Is there a way to
get barnaryd2 to restart after something like this?  I was under the
impression that one of the benefits of using barnyard2 instead of
straight snort->db was to due away with surprises like this.  Currently
I'm log monitoring and just stopping the process so I can manually start
it later…hardly a solution, but at least I don't lose my data.  Anyone
have a better solution to this?  Thanks.

James

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst