Snort mailing list archives

Re: More problems with pulledpork 0.6.0

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 08:28:00 -0600

I'll test and let ya know shortly.. these look like ET open rules?

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:22 AM, carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com> wrote:

Hi all,

 I am trying to configure a suricata sensor as an IPS with ET rules. To
do this I have configured pulledpork to enable drop on some rules and
discard others ... but doesn't works.

 My disablesid.conf:

ET-drop,ET-emerging-activex,ET-emerging-attack_response,ET-emerging-chat,ET-emerging-current_events,ET-emerging-deleted,ET-emerging-dns,ET-emerging-dos,ET-emerging-exploit,ET-emerging-ftp,ET-emerging-games,ET-emerging-icmp_info,ET-emerging-icmp,ET-emerging-imap,ET-emerging-inappropriate,ET-emerging-misc,ET-emerging-mobile_malware,ET-emerging-netbios,ET-emerging-p2p,ET-emerging-policy,ET-emerging-pop3,ET-emerging-rpc,ET-emerging-scada,ET-emerging-scan,ET-emerging-shellcode,ET-emerging-smtp,ET-emerging-snmp,ET-emerging-sql,ET-emerging-telnet,ET-emerging-tftp,ET-emerging-user_agents,ET-emerging-voip,ET-emerging-web_client,ET-emerging-web_server,ET-emerging-web_specific_apps,ET-tor

 And my dropsid.conf:

ET-botcc,ET-ciarmy,ET-compromised,ET-dshield,ET-emerging-malware,ET-emerging-trojan,ET-emerging-virus,ET-emerging-worm,ET-rbn

 And result is:

 Rule Stats....
    New:-------12911
    Deleted:---0
    Enabled Rules:----10435
    Dropped Rules:----0
    Disabled Rules:---2476
    Total Rules:------12911
    Done
Please review /tmp/sid_changes_inet.log for additional details
Fly Piggy Fly!

 Impossible!! ...Where is the problem?? What am I doing worng??

 Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com