Snort mailing list archives

Re: More problems with pulledpork 0.6.0

From: carlopmart <carlopmart () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 17:57:53 +0200

On 04/01/2011 05:26 PM, JJC wrote:
Ok, I see the problem... PP has no way of knowing that the rules you are
putting on your custom-url-server are ET rules (it determines if it's
VRT or ET based on the source url), thus the other errors (in your bug)
that you are reporting and the behavior that you see.  If you remove the
ET- from your dropsid and disablesid config.  I will be publishing a
bugfix today for that (0.6.1) that will fix both issues, but require you
to use Custom-<category> when retrieving from a purely custom url, such
as you are doing.

JJC

Ok. All works as expected now disabling ET- . But, why not to use in the
new version "Custom-ET-" and "Custom-VRT-" instead of "Custom-"? With
this mode you can prevent that VRT and ET release a .rules file with the
same name.

Thanks JJC.

--
CL Martinez