Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: Dave Venman <dvenman () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 06:10:54 +0000

Rather than suppress it, why not use flowbits:noalert - that's what is was
designed for ?

On 4 March 2011 00:49, Jefferson, Shawn <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>wrote:

Makes perfect sense, and what I've done to address the issue you raised at
the end of your email, is keep the flowbits:set rule enabled, but create a
suppress statement for it.

PS. And I'm excited to see the new features!