Snort mailing list archives

über-packet

From: elof () sentor se
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 12:16:08 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

Many years ago, snort logged stream-matches as an über-packet, i.e. a packet far bigger than the normal max 1500 bytes frame size.

The size of such über-packet events was usually 64kB.

Q1: Is this behavior completely decapricated?

I guess it is, and that it is replaced with a function that dump the individual packets that are part of the stream instead.
Q2: Correct?

Q3: Is there any way to configure snort to do it the old way? I.e. log one (1) large über-packet with a copy of the whole stream-buffer instead of e.g. 14 small packets?

(nowdays I'm using unified2)