Snort mailing list archives

Re: Rule efficiency

From: Alex Kirk <akirk () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:17:34 -0400

Yes, that is correct.

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Isherwood, Jeffrey - IS <
Jeffrey.Isherwood () itt com> wrote:

 If it turns out that mgmt DOES want just web traffic, the use of the
http_header will tell the sensors to stop alerting on the content on pages
then correct?  I have been getting false positives where a user visits a
page with a link or mention of “crappydomain.com” on it and that visit
sets off the alert…

*Jeffrey Isherwood, **CISSP, C|EH** **   *

Computer Security Analyst | Enterprise Protection & Planning

Information Systems | Information Protection & Sharing