Snort mailing list archives

New to Snort; Unable to download VRT Certified Rules

From: <ladytechieguruness () biznetmail biz>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 02:36:42 +0000

Hello All,

I downloaded Snort but haven't been able to successfully
download the VRT Certified Rules since each time I attempt to download the
new rules, I get the following error message:

"403 Forbidden

You do not
have permission to download this file.

Please make sure you're logged
into Snort.org.

If you are logged into Snort.org, you may need a VRT
subscription to access this file."

When I copy and paste the link to the
download into one of my download accelerators, they can't download the
rules, either. I've been trying since yesterday.

I won't purchase a
subscription until I see that Snort is the correct choice for me. Is there
another way to access the rules? Can I copy them from into a text file or
batch file and install them that way?

Thank you for your help.

LTG