Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort dying

From: Alex Kirk <akirk () sourcefire com>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 20:18:53 -0500

Generally speaking, if a rule is going to cause a problem, it will do so on
startup, not intermittently during use.

What exactly are the logs saying that are "of no help"? Perhaps someone here
on this list can interpret the messages in the logs better than you can.
Also, what version of Snort are you running?