Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE rule display

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:15:30 -0600

Joel Esler wrote:
Base does not have that present functionality. They provide the
ability to link to a rule.

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 07:42 -0500, Randal T. Rioux wrote:
This is a pretty good idea. If you could, please go to the feature
request page at SourceForge and add this. I'll take a look at it and see
what I can do to implement this into the next release:

That can easily be done with a reference URL. At EmergingThreats, we
added references to the rule's Wiki entry (done with hopes that the Wiki
will be used more) and another link to the rule in the CVS repository
where one can quickly inspect the rule and its history.

-Frank