Snort mailing list archives

Re: how can we alert on web visiting activity?

From: mary andrews <maryandrews22 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:10:03 -0500

got it, thats what it was, it worked!!!!!

Many, MANY THANKS!

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:56 PM, evilghost () packetmail net <
evilghost () packetmail net> wrote:

You may want to peek at the manual again.  You turned off logging, not
checksum checking.

-k <mode>   Checksum mode (all,noip,notcp,noudp,noicmp,none)
-K <mode>   Logging mode (pcap[default],ascii,none)

-evilghost

mary andrews wrote:
I tried it with the upper case K, still nothing.

c:\snort\bin\snort -A console -i 2 -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l
c:\snort\log -K none -s

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>