Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE/Barnyard2

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:52:59 -0600

Hi Richard,

 1.  snort -V

 1.  While Snort can do it's own database output, it's much better to allow another app like barnyard to do that.
Database inserts slow snort down considerably, so I'd say that barnyard is definitely required for any non-trivial
installation.

 1.  BASE 1.4.3.1 will work for you.  The installation is pretty easy, and the readme file included with BASE outlines
what's needed.  You will need apache installed of course, and some other dependency packages (shown in the readme).

Hope that helps.
Shawn