Snort mailing list archives

BASE/Barnyard2

From: "Richard Lichvar" <rlichvar () sainc com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:23:13 -0400

More newbie questions:

1.       How can I tell what version of Snort a predecessor installed?

2.       I've heard that Barnyard/Barnyard2 is no longer needed for
Snort. True? What has replaced it? (We have barnyard installed and
determining if we even need to upgrade to Barnyard2 if it is no longer
needed.)

3.       With Snort already installed (CentOS 5.3), what else is needed
to install BASE? (I'm looking at the step-by-step Snort/BASE
installation instructions on howtoforge.com.) What version(s) of Snort
will BASE 1.4.3.1 work with?

Many thanks for your help to this newbie!

RichLich