Snort mailing list archives

Re: alert suppression

From: Pedro Marinho <pppmarinho () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:53:44 -0300

Hello Jefferson,

Searching on the IP address in the tagged packet, like Greg suggested and
then sorting them >by timestamp shows that this alert and a couple of tagged
packets all have the same src/dst >IP and port and timestamp in BASE.

Now I know what they are, I don't want to get rid of them from showing up
in BASE. ;)

Thanks,
Shawn

I know a way to get rid of it on base; Log in at mysql
use databasesnort;

First you have to figure it out what is the sig_id of this

select sig_id from signature where sig_name = 'tag: tagged packet';

this query will return a number like 435 for example
then u do another query with the number from the previously query

delete from event where signature = 435;
delete from acid_event where signature = 435;

ps: be carefull!! this will delete all alerts that have the signature msg
"tag: tagged packet" from snort database