Snort mailing list archives

Re: alert suppression

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 19:39:22 -0400

What alert is generating the tag alerts?  Is it a rule, or is it the stream
preprocessor?  (grep your rules files for the word "Tag".  I think there is
only 1 rule in the VRT ruleset with tag turned on by default.
As for the dcerpc2 preprocessor, take a look at the readme.  It has an
"events none" configuration option for your snort.conf.

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Jefferson, Shawn <