Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort and squid

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:06:22 -0500

Add 3128 to HTTP_PORTS in your snort.conf.  All of your HTTP rules
will be looking on port 80 and the traffic to thw proxy is on 3128.

PaulM

On 1/17/08, Helmut Schneider <jumper99 () gmx de> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using snort 2.7 on two machines, one at a hub next to the router and the
firewall and since yesterday a second sensor on my proxy (squid). All
web-traffic must go through the proxy.
The first sensor gives information about e.g. that one uses google desktop
but does not say which client (of course, as source is the proxy). So I
installed snort as a second sensor on the proxy but without success. The
alerts the first sensors finds are not found on the second sensor (the squid
protocol might differ from HTTP).

Is there a way to configure snort to reveal which exact client "breaks"
policies?

Thanks, Helmut