Snort mailing list archives

Re: Aanval Series 2 v2.3 Just Released

From: "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell () secnap net>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 08:08:11 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-bounces () lists sourceforge net
[mailto:snort-users-bounces () lists sourceforge net] On Behalf
Of Eric Hines
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:21 PM
To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Cc: administration () remoteassessment com
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Aanval Series 2 v2.3 Just Released

OK I'm so sick of these Remote Assessment commercials to this
list and can't bite my tongue anymore regarding their blatant
use of this list for posting coupons and holiday specials.

Why is Remote Assessment allowed to send coupons and pricing
specials (like the Halloween special on 10/31) to this list
as well as product announcements? Where does this stop?

Announcments yes, well maybe, "halloween special's", no, no, no, no, no.

You want to be part of this community and put your specials in your
'sig', then contribute.
Do you to edit/modify/contribute to snort community rules or bleeding
edge rules?
Do you have patches to fix snort problems?

Do you want to discuss snort issues?

Do you want people to know about your product? Put your commercial in
your sig.  Convention says 4 lines.  Don't put in 100.