Snort mailing list archives

Re: Aanval Series 2 v2.3 Just Released

From: "Jeff Dell" <jdell () activeworx com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 22:19:28 -0500

Eric,

You said:

"If the Snort management product is completely free -- a true open source
product and is not sold or offered as a commercial solution, then I
think they should have the right to announce to this list. However,
products such as Aanval and ActiveWorx shouldn't (I've seen Jeff Dell do
the same thing in the past)."

Then you give an example in another email that you claim is a great example
on how I did this. Lets take a look at the full original email without the
bottom half removed like you posted[1]. As you can see I did nothing more
then answer the person's request. I did not post an announcement like you
claim. What is really interesting about the email you claim I am doing
marketing with... if you scroll down on that same link you will see your
reply to that same email with information about your product. Hmmm.. Maybe
that wasn't such a good example?

I have however sent many emails over the last 6 years announcing the release
of our completely free product that is not sold or offered as a commercial
solution [2].

Cheers,

Jeff

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=15364007