Snort mailing list archives

Re: Base Configuration!

From: Guillaume Arcas <guillaume.arcas () free fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:06:55 +0200

Selon Zakai Kinan <titanyen2000 () yahoo com>:

1. I read that I only need the client portion of my
mysql to be installed in order for snort to be able to
log to a remote mysql server.  Is this assumption
correct?

Yes.

2. Can base be installed and work properly on a
different server?  Let me clarify:  the snort firewall
will send its logs to a database server and base will
be installed on a different server.

Can be like that :

[Firewall/Snort] ---> [MySQL Server] <--- [BASE]

Or like that :

[Firewall/Snort] ---> [MySQL Server/BASE]

3. Does mysql have to be running for snort to send its
logs to a different server?

Yes, on your MySQL Server Box.

Regards,

Guillaume Arcas - [http://yom.retiaire.org]
"Je cherche un ailleurs, mais pas trop loin d'ici." (Sempé)