Snort mailing list archives

pmgraph.pl on win32?

From: "phish phreek" <phishphreek () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:30:10 -0400

Good afternoon Snort Users!

First let me say this is the first time I've posted to this list. I did as
much searching as possible before posting.
If this post doesn't belong here because its not directly a snort question,
I appologize in advace.

I came across the pmgraph project and I was trying to get it to work on a
win32 system.
http://people.su.se/~andreaso/perfmon-graph/

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Snort 2.4.3
activestate perl 5.8.7 build 817
rrdtool version rrdtool-1.2.10-win32-perl58.zip
pmgraph.pl,v 1.14 2005/10/05 18:19:35 andreaso
I have the snort.conf file configured as follows:

 preprocessor perfmonitor: time 60 file C:\pathto\Snort\stats\statsfile.txt
pktcnt 500

I can get it to read in the data but I receive an error.

The error I receive is as follows:
C:\path_to\pmgraph>perl pmgraph.pl c:\output\pmgraph\graphs\
c:\pathto\Snort\statsdir\statsfile.txt 1
Processing data from "c:\pathto\Snort\statsdir\statsfile.txt".
Got stats from 1 CPU
Inserting values into temporary RRD database
Generating images
Error: RRD error: Cannot parse DS in
'DEF:drops=C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\
perfmon-stats.gITMVzCdZP/temp.rrd:drops:AVERAGE'

I'm sure I have all the correct modules installed into perl. (I manually
checked each one)
The output directory does exist.
I can see that the temp file is being created (using filemon to monitor the
filesystem realtime).

I am only trying to analyze data for one sensor at the moment.

I've been searching for posts of people with similar problems and am unable
to locate any.
I've been trying to get this to work for days now.
Any help would certainly be appreciated! At least a point in the right
direction.

Other than pmgraph and gpss (both linux solutions as far as I can tell), are
there any other projects to analyze the perfmonitor data on a win32 system?

Thanks in advance!

phishphreek