Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort signatures reference

From: Jennifer Steffens <jennifer.steffens () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 16:51:22 -0400

We are glad that folks find the documentation so useful. It seems there
are some technical issues with the site that has caused the database to
stop being properly updated. We are looking into the issue to resolve it
as soon as possible.

In the meantime, the VRT provide detailed documentation for all rules
included in the VRT Certified Rulesets and the latest docs are shipped
with each release. The latest rules are available at
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/downloads.cgi.

Cheers,
Jennifer

--
Jennifer Steffens
Director, Product Management - Snort

hchlai () netscape net wrote:
First of all, I would like to thank all those who contribute to provide
reference and guidance information on IDS signatures, they are critical
information to every incident analyst. Recently, I have realized that
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/sigs.cgi?sid=xxx has not been updated.
These reference information, however, are included in the "doc"
directory inside the snortrules snapshot tarball. Is Sourcefire planning
on updating the signature reference page again? I just want to say that
signature reference are great and it provides a great deal of
convenience to analyst if they can continue to be listed in a web page.
 Guess what, I'll be a volunteer to get those information on the web if
needed.

HinSuk