Snort mailing list archives

Snort signatures reference

From: hchlai () netscape net
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:11:00 -0400

First of all, I would like to thank all those who contribute to provide reference and guidance information on IDS signatures, they are critical information to every incident analyst. Recently, I have realized that http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/sigs.cgi?sid=xxx has not been updated. These reference information, however, are included in the "doc" directory inside the snortrules snapshot tarball. Is Sourcefire planning on updating the signature reference page again? I just want to say that signature reference are great and it provides a great deal of convenience to analyst if they can continue to be listed in a web page. Guess what, I'll be a volunteer to get those information on the web if needed.

HinSuk

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com