Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort signatures reference

From: nikns <nikns () secure lv>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 23:17:53 +0300

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 03:11:00PM -0400, hchlai () netscape net wrote:
First of all, I would like to thank all those who contribute to provide
reference and guidance information on IDS signatures, they are critical
information to every incident analyst. Recently, I have realized that
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/sigs.cgi?sid=xxx has not been updated.
These reference information, however, are included in the "doc"
directory inside the snortrules snapshot tarball. Is Sourcefire
planning on updating the signature reference page again? I just want to
say that signature reference are great and it provides a great deal of
convenience to analyst if they can continue to be listed in a web page.
Guess what, I'll be a volunteer to get those information on the web if
needed.

I complitely agree with HinSuk!
It would be really needed to keep sigs.cgi in sync,
since it is first source of rules information.

nikns

HinSuk

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com