Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem: Snort Daemon - again -:(

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:20:20 +0100

El lun, 28-02-2005 a las 14:47 -0500, Jiju Menon escribió:
2/28

I am running snort from command line in my Redhat 9 gateway machine
that has 3 interfaces.

I had received some responses on this issue to my earlier mails. But
the snort daemon that I implemented using INTERFACE=any DOES NOT seem
to detect traffic on all interfaces in the machine I want it to be
working.

Mr. Maria Lopez Hernandez asked me to put INTERFACE=3Dany where I
received the error

It's:
INTERFACE=any
not
INTERFACE=3Dany

I don't know if it's a problem with my email client or what
but I've checked my sent messages and the "3Dany" doesn't
appear.

Sorry if it confused you.

Feb 26 15:22:07 Gateway modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module 3Dany
Feb 26 15:22:07 Gateway snort: FATAL ERROR: OpenPcap() device 3Dany
open:  ^Iioctl: No such device
Feb 26 15:22:07 Gateway snortd: snort startup failed

Is there a possible cure for this?

Thanks.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez