Snort mailing list archives

RE: snort newbie help

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez <jkerouac () bgsec com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:25:20 +0100

El lun, 28-02-2005 a las 16:45 -0500, Guillermo Padilla escribió:
Regarding the bonding.. yes the bonding suggestion worked.  But will this work fine.. if I connect each sensor to
lets say a different hub on my network?  I need to sniff out different types of traffic, will snort be able to give
me all this info when snort is just running one instance with the bonding suggestion?

Thx
-guillermo

I think you have to check it by yourself. It depends enormously on
what you really want to do. The channel bonding method aggregates all
the traffic, so you have all the traffic from the hubs merged. If you
need to know what traffic it's originated on each network you will need
to use one instance of snort with it's own configuration for each
interface or hub you are using.

Regards.

--

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez