Snort mailing list archives

RE: Barebones version of Snort

From: "Bob Konigsberg" <bobkberg () networkeval com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:55:54 -0800

I use a fairly simple build of snort - no options - other than the defaults
(pcre, libpcap), and then for output write only alerts.  BUT - that is not
used as a general IDS, it's looking for some very specific things -
generally only using the Bleeding Snort malware and virus rules.

But, as Patrick pointed out, it would help if you explained why/what/etc.

Bob