Snort mailing list archives

Re: Multiple Snort Instances

From: Matt Richard <matt.richard () fandm edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:18:43 -0500

I'm just putting together a system with two monitor interfaces.

I've created separate configurations, such as snort-outside and snort-inside. So for logging, reporting, controlling services, and configuration, I have a separate set of configs or scripts for each instance.

snort-outside uses /etc/snort-outside.conf and the ruleset from /etc/snort/rules-outside and it's started with the script /etc/rc.d/init.d/snort-outside

etc.

So far this seems to work pretty well.

-Matt